Coursework and Learning Resources
Throughout this full year or single semester course, students build mobile apps for Apple’s mobile devices using the language and tools of professionals – Swift and Xcode. Courses are geared towards grades 8-11 and students are not required to have prior coding experience.
- Comprehensive digital library of materials including lesson plans, video, assessments frameworks and rubrics
- Full-year course includes materials to teach the class as AP-CS-P
Teacher Professional Development & Support
Teachers receive comprehensive training and ongoing support. Professional development kicks off in summer with pre-work and a multi-day bootcamp lead by iOS developers partnered with instructional experts. We provide a proven method for training educators to learn how to develop iOS apps using the same curriculum they will use in the classroom. Teachers continue to grow and stay current with iOS updates and releases during the school year through virtual meetups, collaborations in Slack, and return every year to level up their skills and app mastery at the annual MobileMakersEdu Summit.
- Best practices in computer science, and pedagogy for successful iOS development courses
- Classroom and instructional strategies to support differentiation
- Collaboration techniques, including remote teams
- Teacher recognition program *Training is aligned to ISTE Standards for CS Educators and ISTE standards for Educators
School Implementation & Consultation
Uncharted Learning collaborates with schools to implement this technology building, workplace-like experience within their districts. This includes onboarding and set up meetings to discuss how to identify the right teachers, how to convert a classroom into a dev shop environment with Apple hardware, and how to promote the program in the community.
Any Apple computer or laptop that can support the most recent iOS. Xcode and ibooks (free in Apple’s App store) will support the curriculum. Students need internet access and permission to visit sites like Vimeo.