INCUBATOREDU NATIONAL PITCH WILL BE VIRTUAL
The INCubatoredu National Pitch brings together student teams from across the nation to pitch their businesses and compete for funding. Each team competing in the National Pitch will have completed the year-long INCubatoredu program at their school, pitched to their local board, and then selected to pitch at the national level. The National Pitch competition encourages INC teams to level up their entrepreneurship skills by pitching their business idea to a board of startup business investors at the national level.
This year, given the current climate, we're re-imagining the student event! The pitch will be virtual, and we will guide selected teams around how to prep for this unique opportunity!
To incentivize students to challenge themselves to pitch their business and receive feedback from nationally recognized entrepreneurs.
Submissions will be accepted beginning Monday, May 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM CST and are due by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST.
INCubatoredu member schools can each nominate one student team to represent their school’s INCubatoredu program. Nominations are made by the INCubatoredu teacher, submissions are made by the nominated team, using this Google form. All submissions will be reviewed by a committee of judges that will identify quarter-finalists and semi-finalists. The finalist teams will be announced by June 19, 2020. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of investors to identify the top five finalists that are invited to the INCubatoredu National Summit virtual pitch on July 22, 2020.
All INCubatoredu member schools are eligible to nominate one team per year for consideration in the INCubatoredu National Pitch.
The submission window opens May 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM CST. Submissions are due by June 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST.
By submitting to the National Pitch, you are guaranteeing the team’s ability to to take part in the event on July 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM CST.
Submissions are made by the students through the Uncharted Learning National Summit website (using this Google form) and must include the following:
- Nominating School Profile
- School Name
- Teacher Name and Email
- Business Profile
- Name of Business
- Brief description of product/solution (1-3 sentences)
- Founder Names and Email addresses (summer contact information)
- Link to video of the team pitching their business that meets the following requirements:
- Contains a Business Overview, Investment Highlights, Required Capital, and demonstrates professionalism
- Pitch is no more than 7 minutes in length. If sharing a recording from an event, edit video to only include pitch only, no Q&A
- Video must be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. Ensure the share settings allow people with the link to view the video.
- Students and their slide deck must be visible in video recording.
- If the volume of the video is inaudible, the submission will be removed from consideration.
- Team will be judged by the quality of content and their ability to pitch, not the quality of the recording.
ABOUT UNCHARTED LEARNING AND INCUBATOREDU
Uncharted Learning, NFP, supports schools in offering authentic, rigorous entrepreneurial programs to elementary, middle and high school students. With INCubatoredu, a program offered by Uncharted Learning high school students create and fully develop their own product or service. Real entrepreneurs and business experts serve as volunteer coaches and mentors guiding student teams through the Lean Startup processes of developing hypotheses about a business concept, testing those hypotheses, adapting, and further iteration.