The MobileMakersEdu Winter Contest 2019-20 was launched in December, 2019, and encouraged students to explore more deeply the iOS Swift coding language and the tools and resources available to professional software developers. This exploration helps drive student agency and skills around problem solving and algorithmic thinking.
Three weeks ago, we ended the window for screencast submissions to the Contest. This year, we had three amazing iOS developer judges who volunteered their time to review submissions from MobileMakersEdu high school students from across the globe.
Overall, the judges were impressed, and they loved supporting the growth of the Swift developer community. THANK YOU to the 2019-20 Winter Contest Judges:
Nathan Hosselton - iOS Developer at VeoRide
Michelle Burke - iOS Developer at BurkeLabs
Michael Sacks - CEO at Cayenne Clothing
Review the prizes and contest rules here. Congratulations to all of the winners and participants!
AND THE WINNERS ARE…
Create a Drawing App by Emily G. at Waukesha North High School (WI)
Integrating Audio with AVFoundation by Jacob A. & Mit P. at Grayslake Central High School (IL)
Completing Network Requests by Matthew M. at Elk Grove High School (IL)
- Create A Countdown Clock by Aaron J. at Grayslake Central High School (IL)
- Create Minesweeper Game in Xcode by Andy F. at Victoria Shanghai Academy (Hong Kong)
- UISwitches by Hiroyasu K. at American School In Japan (Japan)
- Modifying UIImages To Look More Professional by Melissa C. at Elk Grove High School (IL)
- UIPickerView by Heidi H.
- Make a Working Drumset By Maelyn B.
- Switch Images with UIPickerView By Casey R.
- UIStepper by Harrison S.
- Create a Countdown Timer
- Add a ScrollView by Matt C.
- Progress Bars by Lucas D.
- Pinch Gesture Recognizers by Sam M. & Amelia W.
- Add a Stopwatch by Zachary P.
- Multipeer Connectivity by Panipal I.
- MapKit by Jose C. & Jon O.
- Using a Switch Statement in a Button by Branden F.
- Pull Variables from Classes by Tommy J.
- UICollectionViewController by Ishika V.
- Play Sounds on Button Tap by Sushil S.
- Subclasses and Inheritance by Andrew K.
- Play Audio in App by Seth G. & Nish P.
- How to Use Arc4Random by Diego N.