Teachers: Nominate your Student for the new 'GritGrant'
The McKenzie Family Foundation in partnership with Uncharted Learning is offering $2,500 grants to four high school students who demonstrate and personify true perseverance and grit.
Nominated students must enrolled in one of these Uncharted Learning programs, in the 19/20 school year:
Uncharted Learning is accepting nominations (from May 11, 2020 - June 5, 2020) from teachers of students enrolled in one or more of these courses.
Uncharted Learning’s mission is to kick start students for life in supporting the development of an entrepreneurial mindset and skills, including:
- Creative problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Public speaking
These qualities align with the McKenzie Family Foundation’s desire to encourage students who demonstrate grit, perseverance, and resilience.
Nominations from the student’s teacher will be accepted beginning Monday, May 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM CST and are due by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST.
All current Uncharted Learning member high schools are eligible to nominate one student from each pair of programs: INCubatoredu/ACCELeratoredu. MobileMakerEdu/MobileMakersStudio for consideration.
- The submission window opens Monday, May 11, 2020 at 8:00 AM CST and are due by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM CST.
- Nominations should be submitted via this Google form and should include the examples (500 words or less) of a how the student demonstrates perseverance and grit in their mindset and actions. We welcome all expressions of 'grit' not only grit demonstrated in the UL course.
- No minimum GPA level required.
Awarding of the 'GritGrant':
- The submissions will be evaluated by entrepreneurs who are familiar with the Programs.
- During evaluation, judges will not be privy to school name or student’s complete name.
- Winners and their teachers will be notified on July 22, and their stories will be posted on the Uncharted Learning website.
- Funds are meant to support students in their next endeavors whether college or career.
ABOUT UNCHARTED LEARNING
Uncharted Learning, NFP, supports schools in offering authentic, rigorous entrepreneurial programs to elementary, middle and high school students.